Web Software Tester - Cluj-Napoca
We are looking for a skilled software tester to join our development team in Cluj-Napoca.
This position will require you to get involved in building complex web applications and back office integration solutions for our clients operating in the tourism industry. Given that we seek to deliver only the highest quality solutions to them, you will play an important role in helping us achieve this goal.
Working at NetMatch
…means working in a dynamic environment with an internationally oriented culture.
We have a good grasp on what it takes to effectively test the kind of solutions that NetMatch is building, but we’re always looking into improving our practice and never afraid to wander off the beaten path.This means that on each new project or release cycle we (re)assess our test strategy and get our test approach in check.
Depending on your expertise, the project and the specific situation at a particular moment, your involvement in the development team will mean that you’ll do some or all of the following:
- Discuss the project risks with the project manager and developers and agree on the testing mission
- Analyze specifications and discuss implementation details with the requirements engineer (/product owner) and the developers - the team appreciates you finding “bugs” in ideas as much as you tracking them down in the running code
- Define a test approach based on the project or release specifications. You’ll share this with the rest of the team and you need to be able to bring solid arguments for your choice of test techniques (functional-, scenario-, domain-, performance-, security-, automated-, mobile testing etc.)
- Break down and charter the needed test work
- Coordinate with fellow testers and other team members to make sure you meet the testing goal and project deadlines
- Coach/mentor other testers - we like learning something new all the time
- Communicate and document your findings (not only bugs) in a comprehensive and structured way
- Make appropriate use of tools to assist your testing: proxies to monitor and manipulate network traffic (Fiddler), tools to test APIs (Postman, SoapUI), browser development tools, input data generators, automated testing frameworks (e.g. based on Selenium WebDriver), performance testing tools (JMeter, Tsung), project management tools (TFS, Jira) and others.
You will also be encouraged to develop your soft skills (e.g. facilitating, mentoring, writing, presentation) alongside your technical testing skills. We think this brings a healthy diversity within the testing group, the project teams and the company as a whole.
- You are able to support the chosen test strategy with arguments that go beyond “I’ve always done it like this”
- You think critically about your work and you know that usually there’s more than one point of view worth considering in any given situation
- You are capable of organizing your own work (also when working on more than one project at the same time)
- You have excellent English communication skills (both spoken and in writing)
- You have experience working with database systems (CRUD operations, preferably in SQL)
- You have 2+ years of experience in software testing
- Previous experience with test automation is an advantage
- Having previous experience in testing web and mobile applications would also be a plus
- Knowledge of how a Scrum/Kanban team works is an advantage
Besides working in a team of friendly and professional colleagues who are always willing to help, you will get:
- A rewarding salary package matching employee’s results and experience
- 24 vacation days/year
- Internal/external trainings, workshops
- Support in obtaining professional certifications (BBST etc.)
- Stay in touch with trade practices via national and international conferences (Romanian Testing Conference etc.)
- Gym subscription
- Foosball in the office
- Periodical social events
On top of it all, our employees think we are a great match for anyone looking for more than just a workplace.
Does this spark your interest? Apply and come and meet us, then: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to tell you more about NetMatch, our projects and how you could grow if you will be a part of our team.
Send this job to a friend!
Do you know the perfect person for this job? Send him or her an e-mail.